Thursday, September 19, 2013

Welcome to my mind...

I have been known for my infamous facebook statuses. You see, I’m a tad on the dramatic side... that was a lie. I’m a drama queen. Always have been. Always will be. And I love telling stories! I just have to share my thoughts. If not they get all bottled up inside me, and I go CRAZY. So I post them on facebook. Makes sense, right? But they’re always long--very long. I never thought that much about it. I mean, if someone wants to read it, they will. If they don’t want to, then keep scrolling. But then I started getting comments about how excessively long my statuses are. I’m not gonna lie; I started to get pretty insecure about them. Not that it kept me from posting them; I still did. There would always be someone that would “like” them, and that someone kept me going. Then I came to college, and I heard about all these people blogging. Blogging???? I haven’t heard of people blogging in FOREVER. But once I thought about it, I was like “Dude! That would be AWESOME! That’s just what I need!” But then I  got to thinking... I don’t have time for a blog. Who would want to read it anyways? I mean, people got tired of my statuses; a blog would be total overkill. So I put the thought away, or at least decided that I wouldn’t start one just yet. “Maybe later Lydia... when you have more time” (HA! Like THAT’LL ever happen!) 
Tonight, my dear friend Cassie and I were “studying” together in my room (in our defense, we did get SOME things done... then “Colder weather” or “Begin Again” would start playing... let’s just say, we have the same sense in music. And pretty much the same mind. You can imagine what happens when one of our favourite songs starts playing. Anywho, back on track...). I decided to read to her my growing list of “Things College Has Taught Me” (a list of both serious and silly lessons that I have been learning, all tainted with my characteristic “sass”). I told her that I couldn’t wait to add more, but I didn’t know what to do with the list. I want to share it eventually, but how? Then I mentioned the whole blog idea. 
“Lydia! You have to start a blog. You’d be such a good blogger! Oh my goodness! You can use this thing called blogger... get up here right now. We’re creating you a blog.” 
And so we did. 
--Side Note: Cassie is a super great friend, so she obviously exaggerates my abilities and qualities. So anything I quote from her, read with a grain of salt.)
So here I am, doing something that I don’t have time to do. Thanks Cassie. I’m going to blame all poor grades that I may get on you. Deal? 
I obviously won’t have time to post a lot, which no one will probably even notice. But I’ve done something brave: I’m sharing my crazy thoughts with the world in a longer, more open way than I have ever had the availability to do before. Read at your own risk, because I can get very... ehem... expressive? Just be prepared for random outbursts and bunny trails... 
If anyone reads this at all, cool! If not, it doesn’t really matter. My brain finally has room to run free! Here goes nothing! 


“I hope your rambles have been sweet and your reveries spacious...” -Emily Dickinson

2 comments:

  1. Blogs are awesome! I started one a little while ago...I don't post much but it's fun to write about what you have on your mind!
    Keep it up...I will be a reader!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quote. I'm stealing it; half my life is rambles. :D

    ReplyDelete